Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another week another upgrade...

Things on the house seemed to slow down a little last week but every time we stopped in, there was something new that we hadn't thought of. The wires for the thermostats were installed, the tray lighting in the master bedroom, the last few lights in the bathroom and a few more electrical outlets. Yesterday we had city inspections on the house and all of the mechanical systems. Sweet! There were a few changes that needed to be made so Joel has the trades coming out today and tomorrow to make the adjustments and Thursday will be re-inspections. Friday we'll be starting insulation and next week drywall! CRAZY! We are about a week from a house with walls that you can't see through. We decided to insulate the garage and upgraded to blown in blanket insulation. It will be cool to see that completed. I don't have any pictures this week. Nothing too thrilling happened. We did go through the house and take good pictures of everything so we should be able to find walls and avoid wires a little easier one they get it all closed up.

A co-worker just commented that it's not going to be fun moving right before Christmas. I disagree. I'll crawl the entire 30 feet of the storage unit and pull out the Christmas tree and we can celebrate with just a tree, thank goodness for a pre-lit tree, and the new house if I have to. I'd MUCH rather do that than have to deal with Alan in the apartment at Chistmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment